Forget the grade. It’s all about the glory.
You’ve put in the hours honing your SketchUp skills in the classroom, now it’s time to show the world what you’ve got. The 3D Basecamp Ascent Student Competition is a call to university and college students to show off your SketchUp modeling skills. If you have a passion for design and a knack for SketchUp, we want to see your finest portfolio work!
What You Will Win
Five student finalists will win a trip to SketchUp’s premier user conference, 3D Basecamp 2022, in Vancouver, Canada, where they’ll present their work to industry pros and conference attendees for a chance to go home with one of three cash prizes.
Judges will review presentations and pick a grand prize winner based on the below competition criteria.
- Modeling skills: Submission is an original project primarily modeled within SketchUp, displaying a mastery of 3D modeling.
- Creativity: Submission should be unique and compelling. The concept driving your work should reflect originality in design and execution.
- Overall aesthetic: Submission should create a sense of dynamism and thoughtfulness, making sure no elements are neglected. Your work should be beautiful, and the documents that communicate your work should be too.
- Project narrative: Submission should clearly communicate your design intent.
- Alignment to area of study: In alignment with your topic, the submission should display knowledge of industry standards. (Project topics can include but are not limited to architectural, interior or landscape design, construction, and engineering)
We want to see your best SketchUp work! Submissions can include: project renderings, portfolio highlights, student presentations, etc, and should be in project-board format. Your submission can be uploaded as a PDF file using the provided template or a similar project-board. (25MB max)Download the Template
This competition is now closed. Entries were accepted until June 30th, 2022. This competition is only open to students currently enrolled in a higher education degree (or certificate) program from an accredited institution within a participating region*. All entrants must be 18 or older to participate.Submissions are no longer being accepted
**Note on group projects. Given the collaborative nature of university design programs, students submitting work that was completed as a team must do so with the knowledge and consent of all contributing team members. The SketchUp Ascent Competition is only open to individual entrants and prizes for group work will only be granted to the individual who submitted the entry.
*Participating regions include the US, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.