Where fiction meets reality
Create a digital orca, robotic t-rex, or even a new species! Inspired by nature’s boundless imagination, our Curious Creatures Competition is your chance to model some truly original animals. We will share the finalists’ creations at the 3D Basecamp AR exhibition. This viewing is made possible with SketchUp’s AR viewing — via a QR code — for 3D Warehouse.
What you’ll win
Ten lucky finalists will have their models exhibited throughout the Vancouver Convention Centre for 3D Basecamp attendees to interact with during the conference. And if that’s not enough, the top three ‘best in show’ will win some highly-sought after SketchUp swag.
- Adherence to competition theme: Your model should represent a ‘never before seen’ creature or a unique interpretation of an animal we already know. We encourage you to get creative within this definition, but please don’t go out of bounds and model objects like buildings or cars.
- Originality: How unique or compelling is your creature?
- Modeling skill: Your submission should be modeled within SketchUp and showcase your SketchUp talents.
- Immersiveness: Does your model capitalize on 360-degree viewing? Are viewers compelled to ‘get in’ for a closer look? What will they see as they walk around all sides of your model?
- File size: 10 MB or less
- Polygon count: 200k or less
- Drawing Scale: Your creature needs to fit within a min. 5’x5’x5’ (1.5mx1.5mx1.5m) to max. 10’x10’x10’ (3mx3mx3m) boundary
Entries were accepted until June 30th, 2022. All entrants must be 18 or older to participate. Winners will be announced in mid-July on this website.Submissions are no longer being accepted