Flying into Vancouver, BC
If you're arriving by air, you will want to fly into Vancouver International Airport (YVR).
Located just 25 minutes from downtown, YVR is consistently rated one of the best airports in North America. There are more than a dozen international flights in and out of YVR every day, with 22 bound for the United States. For an estimate of how long it might take to fly to Vancouver, check out this international flying times map.
Air Canada is a popular choice to Vancouver with the most non-stop flights and access from over 190 cities worldwide.
Fun Facts about Vancouver:
- Vancouver is considered one of the most liveable cities in the world
- Vancouver is next to the ocean but tucked up against the North Shore Mountains, offering amazing views and hiking - best of both worlds!
- The time zone for Vancouver is PST or PDT (Summer only)
- The elevation of Vancouver is 13 ft / 4 m
- The city was founded in 1886
- The population of the Vancouver metro area is 2,581,000 (2020)